Re: SoundRTS, a real-time strategy audio game

OK @soundMud, you done the job with the last update.

Sounds very nise and awesome the last changes; you done it, man!

@zak93
Your idea sounds very good; but the problem that i see on that is... How many depended of the rules we want that be the maps?

This can have two ways, as I see. Define all things respect to the map on the map file, like terrain, cover properties, speed bonus, etc, and with that you can apply any map on any mod, or all things are on the rules, and the map file is only a template that we only can use in mods with similar rules.

Is a complex decision  that soundmud have to decide, witch things are really on rules, settings and map files, and how many are connected all of them, and ofcourse how many of that can be overwriten for certain situations.

Is something that we can grab for so many angles.

For example, we can have maps that are mod dependent, if the terrains are defined on the rules, and mixed with the settings files; currently a map can have its own settings if I'm not wrong, but... All of this is a work in progress.

The only that I'm sure, is that I love this work. This game is the most debeloped game in the community.

And well, the future is radiant for the engine; we have terrains. For now are estetical, but is a update thing that add things like buildings that you can onli build on a for example sea square, terrains that prohive you build anithing except for a race, buildings that can modify the terrain, like infested it and name a lot of many, many things.

Thanks Gean.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : zakc93 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : zakc93 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : zakc93 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : SoundMUD via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : zakc93 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sanslash332 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : zakc93 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sanslash332 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : hazzle via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : zakc93 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : zakc93 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : SoundMUD via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sanslash332 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : 拓海 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Kyleman123 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Kyleman123 via Audiogames-reflector