Re: iPhone X/xr?

When I was upgrading from my Iphone 5 in Christmas of 17, I had a conversation with Apple which went something like this:

me: "I understand the Iphone 8 is the latest model"

Apple lady: "actually the Iphone x  just out"

me: "Oh, so what differences are there between the 8 and the x?"

Apple lady: "Well the x has far better facial  recognition software especially when your using the camera, its really worth paying the extra if you can"

me: "I'm visually impared and probably won't be using the camera anything else about the x"

Very long silence.

apple lady: "so the 8 will be good for you then"

Lol.

I personally plan on using my 8 for at least as long as I used my Iphone 5, ie a good five or six years, maybe at that point if Apple have come up with stuff the 8 can't do and some actually interesting hardware I'll consider upgrading, but not until then thanks.