v-virus or grenam remover (experimental)

Hi,

    I've seen this thing reeking havoc on shared folders over the years. For a while we seemed to be in the clear, but no luck. Our old friend has apparently decided to make an all but subtle comeback, this time with a vengeance. For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, consider yourself lucky.
I'd managed to stay relatively clean, until about a month ago that is. I'm usually rather hesitant about running content from shared folders, but sometimes this is simply inevitable. I had apparently forgotten to check file size, run something, and found myself coding in vpython. Needless to say? I was pretty pissed.
I went ahead and spun up a quick tool that would try and remove the virus, as well as completely repair the effects. It works by recursively enumerating through files on the user's system, patching those that have been touched. It fixed everything with no issues and I went happily on my way. Turns out the damn virus kept on spreading though. Figured I'd throw this little thing on github in the hopes that it could help. At least if someone becomes infected all they'll have to do is run, so certainly a nice little thing to keep around.

The readme explains everything in more detail. I can't promise it'll work for you, but I've infected multiple machines for testing and was flawlessly able to get rid of it time after time, so at least worth a try I say.

additional tip: don't want files to be infected? Grenam ignores everything aside from those ending in exe. Just change the extension to .com. Windows is still able to run, behavior is exactly the same.

    Hopefully most don't know what this is, but those that do will know just how annoying it can get.
    Good luck. You can grab the program from the github repository