Re: Numbers Stations, Phreaking and other oddities?

Yep number stations are weird. My favourite is the one that plays that cool little ice cream truck tune. Once you start clicking on these things, all sorts of creepy stuff starts showing up in your recs. One avenue I ended up going down was found footage/police tapes. I ended up listening to all 22 hours or whatever of Ricardo Lopez's home videos as he planned a vile acid bomb attack on Bjork. I thought I'd just listen to the first one to see what this guy sounded like, but got drawn in because in spite of his dreadful plan, and his bitterness, he was actually quite a sympathetic character. All that guy needed was a sense of purpose to see him through that stage of his life. I certainly had no intention of listening to his final tape in which he shoots himself, but by that stage I just couldn't turn away. Also the Jodi Arias police interview tapes were grimly fascinating. and there's the interview of Stephanie Lazarus, the police officer who thought she'd got away with murder, but it caught up with her 20 years later. Her fellow officers trick her into accompanying her to an interview room on the pretense of asking her about a crime to do with art theft, but they just wanted her to have to hand in her gun in case she did something stupid. It's fascinating listening to her slowly realising she's in the shit.