Re: Future of GoldGun: Production discontinued

I'm often asked why I don't become involved in the blind community where I live. What happened here is one of the major reasons, soft skin and what I like to refer to as blind entitlement. The number of people I meet who carry a sighted people need to give it to me now, when I want it, where I want it and the way I want it without any flaws attitude is staggering. I've even had interactions with people who are openly bitter because others can see and they can not, and because of this fact they demand those who have sight to help them in every day life as well as do everything in their power to make anything and everything accessible, regardless if it is even realistically possible.

I do understand that there are those who were offended with some of the perceptions made about blind people in this game. The issue I take with the knee jerk reactions is that it was not meant to be offensive, nor was it meant to be mocking those without sight. Some also complained that they should have done more research, yet that is what they wer attempting to do by asking for advice on this forum.

In conclusion too many blind people complain that sighted people don't care about the blind community and how they are uneducated about people without sight, yet when someone willingly asks to be educated, all they can do is complain about how uneducated they are, expecting sighted people to magically know everything there is about the lifestyle of a blind person. If they can't seek information directly from the source, how are they to become knowledgeable about what is fact and what is fiction. As far as game quality goes, they clearly stated that it was a work in progress, yet people decided to complain about things that would likely be fixed given the proper time and suggestions.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Munawar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : david_oliva via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : david_oliva via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nolly via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nolly via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : taljazz24 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Socheat via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Munawar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Munawar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Juliantheaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector