Re: Future of GoldGun: Production discontinued

38. What it says about David's and the rest of the team's character is that they understand they have issues that need to be addressed. whether than releasing an incomplete product, they are going to go back and figure out where the mistakes were made. I see a lot of people saying that what MTS needed to do are simple fixes, but it goes way deeper than that. It's not as simple as slapping on a coat of paint and calling it done.
There are a lot of moving pieces behind the scenes to make this project work. I think people tend to forget that creating a game isn't just writing some code, yapping in to a microphone, taking some sounds and then calling it a day. there are business aspects to be managed, social media to be ran, voice actors and designers to be payed. This all adds up to a lot of work which takes both time and financial support.
As someone who has sat down with David and chatted with him for quite a while, I know he has the interest of the community at heart. He has apologized several times for what happened, so why drag him through the mud?
One of the problems with this community is that if a game doesn't meet people's perceived standards or a developer has made a mistake, the community tends to vilify them. I'm not saying that when someone creates an audio game we bend over backwards to treat them like royalty, but we need to help them by constructively acknowledging their mistakes, and suggesting a more positive course of action.
I look forward to seeing what MTS releases int he future, and I applaud them for getting out there and really trying.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : siria via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : david_oliva via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : david_oliva via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : david_oliva via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : david_oliva via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : david_oliva via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : david_oliva via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : david_oliva via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector