Re: an interesting article about accessibility in virtual reality

Hello there again everyone, karate25 here with an update on our virtual world called NewDawn. I've reworked the outline a little taking into account that the general consensus of the community seems to be that you would rather not have any sort of storyline but rather just a big open virtual world in which you're pretty much free to do as you choose. So all I've done here is to simply set the time period in which the world is set, and layed out some basic stuff here and I'm going to put it all here in this post for you to read and you can then give me your feedback on how to improve it. Since this is will be our world, let's build it together and I'll have plenty of things to give to Anne when next we speak. Have a wonderful day to you all and I hope you enjoy this new outline a bit better and of course it'll expand with your input and feedback.

In the world of NewDawn, the setting is in the 30th century but other than the time setting for the world, there is no storyline to speak of, NewDawn is just that.  A virtual world in which you will create your own human avatar, known from here on as a colonist and you will begin your new life on a wonderfully peaceful planet called utopia.  An earthlike planet that was discovered deep within the Milky Way galaxy.

    The in world currency will be in the form of credits and you’ll be free to do pretty much anything you wish.  Starships will have warp drives which will allow them to warp between galaxies and can be purchased at starship stores.  Housing will be another wonderful and plentiful thing on Utopia taking on the form of such structures of land-based habitation complexes or individual family housing pods, or for those who might wish to live with more than a bit of a view can choose to live in their own orbiting space station whether that station is an individual family unit or an entire community of colonists.  Finally you’ll even be able to build habitation under water should you so wish using devices called water breathers which quite literally work like a set of fish gills, removing the oxygen from the water around the wearer and then allowing them to breathe using a small hose and nose plugs and mouthpiece.  The nose plugs keep water from entering the nose but also will allow the wearer to breathe through his or her nose.

    Speaking some more on starships, they’ll have several roles from something as simple as moving cargo from one planet or system to another clear up to hospital ships with multiple beds inside them and even ships that can be used as homes for those who don’t like to stay in one place for too long.  If you should decide that you don’t want to live on Utopia, you are of course very free to colonize other planets if you so wish as well even having the ability to terraform planets that are not currently habitable.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : karate25 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : hannes via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : karate25 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Naruto via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : karate25 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Naruto via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : annellin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : karate25 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : kool_turk via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : karate25 via Audiogames-reflector