Re: Help with hazing issue (may get controversial)

Oh, middle school, that's the US equivalent of primary school in Britain right? As in up to 12? I don't know about the law in the US, but if this kid is under a certain age, he might not be prosecutable and the police will be powerless other than to talk to parents. I had a problem with kids that were around that age. It sounds pathetic, but I'm totally blind, so there wasn't much I could do to stop them throwing stuff at my house and giving me abuse. The police told me they took hate crime very seriously, but it would be hard to prove that it was hate crime, and that they couldn't prosecute kids under a certain age. They seemed a bit useless to be honest. What stopped them in the end was the community identifying the families of some of the main offenders, and the local housing authority who owned their homes threatening them with eviction if they didn't get their kids in line. It wasn't just me they were bothering. My elderly neighbour moved house because of the harrassment, and they were responsible for a lot of vandalism and petty crime. What I'm saying is if this kid is too young to be prosecuted, the only thing that might work is consequences for the parents. They're the ones who exercise greatest control over kids this age.