Re: decrypting bgt stuff?

Just one thing I've forgotten, of course you need to crack just one sound. Samtupycracker v2 as well as v3 will print out used password, which you can then apply to all other sounds, so number of them doesn't increase time needed to find the password.

@Cartertemm: I see your view of point. I am developer as well. Although I am rather mathematician, enjoying applying my crazy ideas through programming, I have worked and still work on audiogames from time to time. So I understant what you're saying, I am exactly on field of ag a developer, who hasn't its own sound base and is too honest to steal sounds from other games.

I don't want to convince you about my opinion, you has your own along with reasons and I have also stated mine as well as why I have published this and what's worth attention on it.
I just want to remind one thing, I don't remember if I already said it or not. But that thing is, that even if there are kiddies stealing sounds, they have never produced something nice with them. Because Someone who isn't able to get sounds by other way than stealing them will most likely not be able to produce anything serious. Just another stealing, as you can see on tons of clons we have encountered in last period.
heh, now it may look this applies also for me, because I'm unable to get sounds for my games. big_smile
but while in my case this is because of my time, which I invest in things I'm personally considering as more interesting, these fake developers normally do it, because they can't do it in other way.
I was talking with some of them and was pretty disgusted by some of their techniques, but that's completely different topic far from thisone.
On the other hand it's true, that this can't be applied for everyone. Programmers are lazy, what is good, because they make things in such a way where they're as easy as possible, but also can lead to practices, where they take something already prepared. However when we take also good programmers, in sense of those with high skills, then a description would be enough to help them decrypting, excepting fact they should be able to think out this or another approach themselves. So we would must to be quiet, what would on the other hand give to new programmers a sense of BGT being safe.
What can be true, but only in case you use BGT tools in smart way and know, where it is most vulnerable.
What I think I have described enough, if someone really thinks about mine previous posts where I was explayining what made the dictionary based attack possible (two facts - informations from memory and known security algorithm), he / she can understand according risks without my explanations about more destructive uses and also prevent them.

So it's a hard discussion anyway. As Kyleman already stated, there are pros and cons on both sides.
I think the best way is a good licence, that's something I often miss in projects of beginners and I can't understand why they don't include at least some basic eula. When I was beginning with programming, all of my first audiogames contained licence terms. It's true that their most often sounded like: "These licence terms aren't worth reading, please, continue in installation," or "I know you won't read my licence, so why to include it here?" but it was there. big_smile

Anyway, this discussion is starting to be interesting. tongue

Best regards

Rastislav

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : roelvdwal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Kyleman123 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ivan_soto via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : omer via Audiogames-reflector