Re: decrypting bgt stuff?

I'm really not here to attempt to convince you that my opinion is the right or only way, indeed I can clearly see both sides. I'm merely wishing to protect and respect the work of our comparatively few developers.
Normally, these matters are better dealt with by a community, a community with many members and contributors who are able to effectively pose solutions. A community with the majority wishing for a positive result. Here, however, I feel we are the minority, with the vast majority standing around in slight aw meanwhile rapidly awaiting new snippets so they can go home and show their less talented brothers how to easily break away from standard forms of protection.

I just, fail to see why an easy-to-use application is in the least bit helpful, and I'm honestly saddened to see how long the download has survived without admin intervention. Your not proving anything everyone doesn't already know. All one must do is read the weekly, what language should I choose, topics. When someone undoubtedly brings up BGT and it's countless simplistic benefits, others are most likely around to remind the newbie of antivirus flagging, security risks, and functional limitations. Most everyone is aware of what can be done and has been for a while now. What are you doing by providing a complete application with everything already included? Trying to prove just how easy it can be which has already been known. Trying to provide yet more incentive to switch languages? Either way, the way I happen to see it, during these trying times the risks far outweigh the benefits no matter how you look at it. Armed with only posts before 28, I'd imagine a basic program could be created to mimic your algorithm anyway.

As I said above, we're no longer only dealing with sounds, as was proven by myself in no substantial amount of time. Your only making stealing, for lack of a better term, protected assets a trivial matter. Sure public consumption was a certain eventuality, but at least if we were talking underground distribution the net wouldn't have had the chance to be cast over so large an audience. I hadn't felt the need to report your post since admins were supposedly watching over our topic here, but I'm starting to grow concerned since it's been nearly 24 hours.
I don't necessarily agree about sound stealers being unable to make anything, good. As you say yourself, coding, game design, and sound design are entirely different ball games. Take the void, which had ripped out and used a good amount of manamon content without permission. Yet people played it. The blood reign, ripped more custom sounds from SBYW or SBP or have your pick of the scrolling battles* games, again without permission. these are only two and I'd be happy to provide more examples if necessary. Most people have heard of and enjoyed at least one out of these two titles.

I to would find this conversation intriguing if not for the insane risk factor. It's certainly interesting to talk about code or puzzles we've managed to solve, just as long as there is no chance at harming the reason why we're here in the process.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : roelvdwal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Kyleman123 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : cartertemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ivan_soto via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Kyleman123 via Audiogames-reflector