Re: New Text-based Roguelike For IOS and Android: Path Of Adventure

@ Mitch,

Yes, when you cast a spell with the ring of magic, the ring will flash Octareen - the colour of magic, and it will "hold off the enemy attack" this means you don't need to defend the next hit, and you can take another action. If you cast a second spell, the ring will flash a second time and you can choose a third action. If you attack or use an item, then the enemy will get a turn.

The wizard staff is the only item that freezes the cost of spells, so if you have the wizard staff and the magician's ring then you can repeatedly cast magic spells and the cost would be frozen, however, for each spell cast with the wizard staff, the durability of the staff will be reduced by one. Once it breaks then the cost of magic spells will start to rise.

I'm still not sure if the ring of magic can be used to repeatedly attack a fleeing enemy. I'm trying to kill the end boss in the first round. After the end boss loses about 25-30% of it's life total it starts to run away. If the ring will let me knock it out that would be great, but I haven't been able to test out this theory. I'm not sure if once the enemy starts to flee I will only get one more chance to damage it, or if the ring will let me keep killing it.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : EternalGamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Benf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Benf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dan_c via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Benf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Benf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Benf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Benf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Keeweed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector