Re: surprise from microsoft: bye skype 7!

I can tell you why we say that it couldn't die soon ennugh @post4. Here is the detailed reason.
In skype 7, there was a commant called /fork. That one allowed you to make a copy of a skype group, don't ask me why they implemented it but it was there. And some people had the idea: "hay. Why don't use that to spam people?" This got a trent in the blind comunity, and skype8 no longer has /fork. So it's good that the spammy skype7 is death. Also skype 7 was unaccessible. It was only a pain to answer calls, especially when it needed to go fast. That was because of the fact that if you got a call, you heard the ring but therre was no window opening. It was just showing up in the notifications, you needed to find it, type through a few menus and then you could answer. Isn't that, kinda, to complicated for answering a call? And skype 8 automatically maximices the window when a call is coming and also brings you directly on the answer button. Also skype 7 had adds, what skype8 don't has.

Jayde wrote:

Mazen, I'm not sure what your deal is here.

So there was a topic a couple of weeks ago where Ethin was essentially saying he thought Skype 7 couldn't close soon enough. I labelled it as spiteful, he tried to defend the accusation and got ripped apart (verbally, at least). What makes you think you're any different?
I just do not understand people who take actual pleasure when stuff that used to work for other people ceases to do so, or when the prospect is on the table. If you had a favourite restaurant near your home, which happened to sell one of your favourite foods, and I found out that one day, they were going to stop selling that food...well, wouldn't I be a colossal jerk to say something like "Well hey, they couldn't do it soon enough. They were losing money. Too bad, so sad. Go eat pizza or something". This is really about the same, except considerably worse as skype is a communication platform, and whatever our favourite foods are, we can usually find the same thing (and maybe better) elsewhere.
So yeah. Just...not getting it, guys. I think the antagonism of skype 7 users, and on the basis of the service itself, should really stop. It's needlessly dramatic, confrontational and childish.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Hijacker via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Veronika . Hanackova via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : giorgi elbaqidze via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mahdi-abedi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : giorgi elbaqidze via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : simter via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : cmerry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : AlirezaNosrati via Audiogames-reflector