Re: Unpopular Opinion: Audio Game Community Edition

But Iron Cross,, if you're working together on a project, than sharing your code is just part of that.  Everybody shares the code in the group.  It's not at all the same thing.  It's a collaborative project.  The same fear doesn't apply.  It's not even remotely the same as being stolen from if you fly solo.  In this case, everybody works together on the code, so no one person would have rights to it anyway.  It's a group effort, and therefore, belongs to the group as a whole.  If you go into a project knowing it's a group effort, then there shouldn't be any fear with respect to code, since the code belongs to all of you.  And that doesn't address the other issues that I raised:  The ease with which projects are tossed aside and given up on, the ridiculously high amount of turnover, the fact that devs just disappear without even a word of warning to customers, something with seems extremely disrespectful to me.  I have to wonder if these aren't caused by emotional/mental aspects, including burnout because you tried to fly solo when you shouldn't have, and I do wonder if a shift in mentality that leans toward teamwork might lessen these things.  It's less likely that I'm going to suffer burnout if I've got a group behind me, support and input of others, someone helping me with coding, testing, design, and other logistics.  I'll have more enthusiasm about my project.  I'll be able to focus on making it great, instead of dreading the fact that I'm one person trying to do 5 people's job.  Seems like a no-brainer to me.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
[...]
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : TBlaze via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : The Dwarfer via Audiogames-reflector