Re: I am not sure any more...

@35, I'm having trouble understanding your post. You seem to be thinking that the OP should learn all of the concepts you want themto learn because they might want a GUI system. I significantly doubt that the OP will want a GUI system any time soon, and if they did want one, I'd be encouraging them to use a 3D GUI system that uses their home-made game engine architecture rather than using an external one that will lock up your game loop or cause unnecessary headache.
You then go on to say that every project should use OOP. I don't know where your getting that idea, but its most definitely wrong and I doubt many people will listen to you if you keep spouting that. I have several books on F# that teach functional programming, which is *not OOP*. I know of several tutorials that teach Haskell, which is a purely functional language and has no OOP concepts anywhere in it. Leave peoples paradigm preferences alone and stop shoving OOP down peoples throats. And stop encouraging people to use MVC; it most likely wouldn't properly work with an audio game and its not a requirement to write good code -- because I've written C++ since 2014 and have used Python as well and have not once used MVC, MVP, MVVM, and so on in my code. When I tried, it never clicked with me.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Rastislav Kiss via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Origine via Audiogames-reflector