Re: The future, and our plans. Gathering interest.

I am not going to speculate on what is happening in terms of development.  Post 22 is a prime example of such needless speculation, and it accomplishes nothing.  The line here:
1: One of you got a game source (probably Redfox).
is especially troubling to me, since you seem to be suggesting that Redfox has done something underhanded, unethical, or illegal, unless I'm reading that incorrectly.  Touching on another topic in this forum speaking of respect between devs and players in this community, making claims such as this, without proof, is disrespectful to the people who are developing.  Don't you think that it certainly would lessen enthusiasm of developers to know that if they post about a project that they want to make and share with everyone, they can expect to read spurious claims against their integrity.  Perhaps we should give devs the benefit of the doubt and wait to see what occurs before we rush to judgment.  Just my opinion.
All of that having been said, Redfox and Jimmy, I am not going to bash you for using BGt or tell you not to use it.  I will say that aside from the whole Windows Defender issue, one which cannot be fixed easily, if you truly want this game to be ultra complex and huge, you might want to consider a different language that can more easily handle that sort of scope.  I am afraid that due to BGT's limited single threading functionality, you're going to have major performance issues once the game begins to become bigger, especially on older PCs.  If you ever want aspects of this game to become multiplayer, which I gotta say would be freaking amazing, you don't want to do that in BGT.  The networking stuff in BGT is awful.  Moreover, if you want controller support in this game, which I think would also be cool, I wouldn't do that in BGT.  I find BGT's joystick support to be rudimentary at best.  I tested it with my XB 1 controller, and it can't see half of the axes or buttons for the thing.  There are several discussions in the developer room about using Python in lieu of BGT, as well as _javascript_, C++, some other languages I think.  I myself am looking at learning Python, simply for the knowledge.  All of that is merely my opinion.  At the end of the day it's your choice, and I'll be more than happy to test what you come up with when that time comes.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zenothrax via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jimmy69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mohamed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Origine via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zakc93 via Audiogames-reflector