Re: a few questions about moderator actions, please read

Aaron, I think that would be a good idea. I think the reason Jayde probably closed it was because of the subtle threatening nature of the original post:

simter wrote:

So, people, please stop giving out copies of skype 7, because then you may be the next responsible for the next fork.

there could've been another topic that asked genuine skype questions, and maybe a few jerks here and there starting the fire, but overall the topic seems fairly civil. I'm sure then Jayde would've given warnings and left it at that. Thing was, the topic was started by the instigator. Let's get some stats. This doesn't count Jayde's post because that was for closing the topic.
Useless Flaming: 30%, including the original post
Rightful Complaining over useless flaming: 40%, posts 4 through 7
Actual legitimate questions and answers: 30% *finally* posts 8 through 10, may probably be skipped over because the topic started out useless
30% on flaming and questions, but because we had to *attempt* to extinguish the flames for 40% of that topic, it left little room for legitimate questions.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jaybird via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : MasterOfDeath via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : sid512 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : sid512 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : sid512 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : aaron via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : jack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector