Re: Terrible, Awful, No-good, Very Bad...spelling?

I don't like dictation either, not only because it feels unnatural, but it's also a weird privacy thing with me. I can get dictation to work pretty well on my IPhone when I do use it, but I just don't like the idea of speaking my messages when everyone else often types them, or at least they don't tell me they use dictation so I assume they type.

Also am not a big fan of autocorrect. I'd like to get into some of the predictive stuff that gives you suggestions but doesn't forcibly overwrite your words. That sounds cool in a way but it's still distracting and I would have to break my current habits to take advantage of it. What I really don't understand are the people who use the autocorrect that attempts to complete your message, and then complain when it gives them wrong words, but they continue to use it anyway. My mom was doing that for a while. Almost once a week it seemed, she'd have to explain what she meant because autocorrect messed it up. I've never used it so I don't know how easy it is to let those errors slip through, but I, like a few others, always check before I send so the idea of autocorrect is very foreign to me. I don't go so far as to say it's useless, but I swear people depend on it and that is why they put up with it when it's being temperamental.