Re: The beginning of the end for jaws?

Wait, has Narrorator improved so much? Because the last time I tried to use that particular screen reader, I had a number of problems with it....Such as not being able to copy and paste text, not being able to post blog posts because both the text editor, as well as the enter key functioning didn't want to co-operate. And last time I checked it out, it seemed like there still wasn't a way to open up a list of elements like you can do with Jaws or NVDA.

I also find the constant need of switching between the two modes on Narrator to be confusing and tedious.

Then again I haven't used Jaws since 2008, and I might look into the home subscription version at some point in the future.

I like NVDa. I've been using NVDa on a daily basis since 2011 when my vision got to the point I required a screen reader to do anything on a computer, but the last couple of updates have me wondering what the hell is going on. Something just doesn't feel right to me.

Then again, things have been wrong with Windows for the past couple of years or at least that is how it seems to me with my experiences.

I've since decided to switch over to Mac and am currently saving up to buy a decent Apple laptop later in this summer  as my primary computer, because I have just had it with Windows in general. But I will probably still pick up a fairly cheap Windows laptop later on because there are just some things I like to do that won't be accessible with Voice Over.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : giorgi elbaqidze via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : adriani via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : adriani via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : quanin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : blindrobertbrown via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tayo . bethel via Audiogames-reflector