Re: The beginning of the end for jaws?

For remote desktop with JAWS, I believe you have to have JAWS installed on both ends, or at least that what I gathered by reading the help docs on FS's site. I personally think that FS needs to learn by what pretty much what happens to the IV software out there. Let me explain, MS includes security essentials in windows 10. For most people, that is usually fine if people watch where they go online. Of course windows has a built in firewall too, which means that most do not have a need for “zone alarm” or whatever that one is called.  Now, MS is working on improving Narrator. If you ask me, Narrator is the biggest threat to JAWS simply do to the fact that it is built in and JAWS is not. Yes, there is NVDA, but still. Anyway, the $90 proved to be low enough to upgrade, but it is not low enough to keep me if something better is just around the curve. My guess is that FS will be, at some point, force to drop the price of using JAWS on the remote desktop. After all, if that is offered for free with another screen reader, for long enough, people will not see the point.