Re: Accessible Sound Design Course - First Lesson Up

@92 Excellent work.
Assignment 1, radio emulation is great.
You placed the frequency at 100Hz, -30dB gain and bandwidth of 2.
Exactly the sound we are going for. You can even get more aggressive with your negative gain if we want older and older radios/telephones - for example a -40dB gain sounds like a radio from the 60's.

Your underwater emulation is too low on the frequency - we want to cut out higher frequencies. Your bandwidth is quite large which is fine, but your frequency is at 330 so what happened is, you are cutting out all the low frequencies we want. Try keeping the band width and gain the same, but move the first band to a higher frequency like 6,000Hz.

Your voice optimisation is perfect - don't change a thing. And if I were you I'd write down that exact combination of EQing for voice optimisation as a starter point, and tweak from there. Again EQing is like a recipe book and you've found a really great recipe with that combination.

Assignment 2 is also excellent. You achieved exactly what I asked for - the wind noise is gone.
If we're preparing this sound for a client, we might want to be wary of cutting out the natural wind howling/gusting noise. For this assignment, again, great job, 100%. But just be wary that your band width is VERY wide at 1 here, and it does cut out all that nice howling. It's good to know that for the future. Experiment with a width of .15 to see what I mean.

Very well done.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : daisyalesoundworks via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GauravSharma via Audiogames-reflector