Can someone remind me how to fix this error?

Hi all,
So I'm trying to install some old games on my system, namely Deakout and Finger Panic, and I'm getting this error.
---------------------------
Error
---------------------------
C:\Windows\system32\StdOle2.tlb

Unable to register the type library: RegisterTypeLib failed; code 0x8002801C.

Click Retry to try again, Ignore to proceed anyway (not recommended), or Abort to cancel installation.
Abort   Retry   Ignore

The weird thing is, all the other BSC titles work fine, go figure! I hadn't been able to run them under Windows 10 for a couple of years, but I decided to reinstall everything and see what they did, and I can run them all with no problems, yes, including Classic Pipe and Classic Troopanum. Don't ask me how!

I've done all the usual troubleshooting steps. I ran Aprone's checkup program, made sure all the Visual Basic libraries were installed, and ran the media components for classic games file that's been floating around for awhile. I've also made sure I have older versions of .net Framework installed. I know I've seen this error before, hell, I may have even asked about it on here a long time ago, but I can't for the life of me remember how to fix it. Can someone solve this mystery for me? Thanks.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : turtlepower17 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Jonnyboy1991 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Slender via Audiogames-reflector