Re: a hidden racist message in Super Egg Hunt Plus?

Yeah, it was a little offensive, not a great choice for a game meant for all ages and with such a large middle eastern audiogaming community IMHO and it does play on common stereotypes for sure.  Mostly has to do with Liam and his friend Athear's ongoing back and forth jabs, all in fun.  Athear is middle eastern, and the jokes around that (for better or for worse) have kinda wormed their way in to their banter even on streams.

But look up the definition of racist, and bigot while your at it.  You might be surprised how badly we often misuse those words.
Liam may be a little edgy and a bit callus, but nothing he's ever said (in my opinion) would lead me to believe he is a racist.

Over all though Riad I think your making this more political than it needs to be and assuming a bit too much about what we think.
Nothing you said was incorrect really, and I can understand why you would be upset, but radical islam and it's effects have entered the public consciousness (which is exactly what the terrorists wanted) and for thousands of years humans have used humor to help cope with bad situations or make things seem less scary so that they are easier to face.
I know that many westerners (particularly Americans) have some pretty unfair views of islam and middle eastern people in general do to the actions of a small minority, and I'm gladly not living in a place where this kind of thing is a constant threat like you might be so I can empathize with how seriously you are taking this.
But I strongly believe that no harm was intended, and that the material in question was not nearly harmful enough to sway anyone's opinions on Muslims, particularly with how short and insignificant that part of the game was.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Riad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : braille0109 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : criticview via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Riad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Riad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : braille0109 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Riad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Riad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : GauravSharma via Audiogames-reflector