Re: Accessible Sound Design by Ebon Sky Studios - Second Lesson Up

Went with a classic. It's not a party until someone starts a tavern brawl by irritating a half-orc with a magic missile. Always blame it on the gnome.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gissc6iwwezsk … 2.zip?dl=1

I'm still getting use to freesound and couldn't find a whoosh I was happy with so I made one myself. I had the idea of getting this watery-wavy sound by using my dog's water bowl as a poor man's waterphone, but I couldn't get anything to resonate long enough without water flying everywhere so I abandoned that for now and just did some digital tinkering. It's close enough to what I was going for. One of these days I will spend the money for a real waterphone.

I'm not totally happy with the flavor sound. It's hard to get the sizzle sound I wanted without it sounding like the wrong sound--sounds like acid splash. The frying pan sound I found was great. It's just when I shrink it down it kind of lacks something for me. I dunno.

The trick is getting it in between the bubbly acid sound and electricity dancing over something without sounding too much like either. I'm not quite sure if I made it.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : daisyalesoundworks via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tomas1333 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tomas1333 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : skluttrell via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : skluttrell via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : daisyalesoundworks via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Che via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Che via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector