Re: Accessible Sound Design by Ebon Sky Studios - Second Lesson Up

Ok, I spent waaay too much time on this for the resulting reaping, but I learned a hell of a lot about Reaper in the process.
One thing I can't seem to figure out which should be simple is how to move an item on the timeline simply. I get using combinations of control, shift, and alt with the period and comma keys to adjust start and end selections, and to slide the audio inside the selection, but is there no way to simply move everything at once?
Like if I want to just move an explosion sound to the right by half a second, along with the start and end selection points, is there no easy way to do this beyond moving the end point with alt period, then the start point with control period, then shifting the actual sound with shift period?
I feel like I'm missing something here. I've got this complex sound made up of 9 tracks, I've built in pans and volume envelopes, I've created a Haas effect by offsetting tracks, etc. but I can't figure out how to simply position my audio.
Any help out there for this? I've read the Accessible Reaper Wiki, looked at the docs and so forth. I promise I'm not being purposefully obtuse here.
Thanks all for any help.
Here is my Lesson 2 thus far, any comments appreciated.
http://www.blindadrenaline.com/download … son2.5.zip

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : daisyalesoundworks via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tomas1333 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tomas1333 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : skluttrell via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : skluttrell via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : daisyalesoundworks via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Che via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Che via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : the blasting gd via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector