Re: Setting up Komplete Kontrol M32

Hey, made some pretty good progress. My previous VM issues went away when I switched from VirtualBox to KVM. With that done, I was able to enable accessibility on the M32, play it in Reaper, etc.

But I'm having an annoying issue that I don't know how to resolve. Every time I launch Komplete Kontrol, my keyboard is inaccessible. Training mode doesn't work, and neither does the browser. The only way to get things working is to rescan my library. With that and only that change, everything works once more.

Rescanning a library on start seems like something that should either happen automatically if it is expected to be done on launch, or whose results should be saved so it doesn't happen again. So I'm wondering if I have to either save the scan results, or save my preferences, and maybe I'm missing the queue to do that since the app is inaccessible?

It's also a bit odd that the preferences dialog opens every single time I launch Komplete Kontrol. Preferences seem like a thing that I should only open when I need it, which lends further credence to the idea that I need to explicitly save them.

Thanks. Also, are there any other recommended free/low-cost Native expansions? I grabbed the starter pack and am a bit disappointed that it seems to mostly have synthy instruments. Would like more actual instruments and fewer synths.