Re: Another Reason Not To Trust Valve

Hi,
@fastfinge: Electronic arts are the publishers of shank 2, which was developed by clay entertainment. Microsoft are the publishers of Lococycle, developed by twisted pixel games. Thus, these companies do use steam. The developers are the ones who just, urm, develop. They need a publisher, unless they can self-publish somehow. I know that the ps4 is experimenting with this, but I've yet to see steam try it.
Take, say, the new Strider game that came out recently.
It was developed by double heelix games, but published by Capcom, which explains how it reached so many consoles, including pc. Granted, the pc version got some really bad treatment though. Lococycle supports 32 bit, is 15 gb in size, and yet it even supports duel core processors. Strider only supports 64 bit, and is 3 gb in size, and for some very strange reason has a really high graphics spec, and requires a quad core to run. When I first heard about this I thought, aah, ok, this is the next genera tion, aah well. Then I saw the Lococycle requirements and was just shocked. How could a side scroller have such high specs, yet the sounds are all arcade like and actually quite nice because of it, then Lococycle has a low spec and sounds all action and epic and is almost 4 times the hard drive size of Strider?#

  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: fastfinge
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: bladestorm360
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: aaron
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: aaron
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: hadi.gsf
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: fastfinge
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: drg
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: fastfinge
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: fastfinge
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: robjoy
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: aaron
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: fastfinge
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: fastfinge
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: hadi.gsf
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: robjoy
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: fastfinge
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: arqmeister
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: bradp
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: assault_freak