Re: Another Reason Not To Trust Valve

fastfinge wrote:

@robjoy: The key difference is that I don't do my banking, check medical information, input my social security number, or do anything else all that private on my cell phone or game console.  I do all of the above on my computer, hence not wanting a company like Valve (or Sony for that matter) tracking my DNS requests.

I see. So, Apple, or Microsoft's tracking your activity instead... Assuming that you use either of those pcs from the past topics that is.

fastfinge wrote:

If a company tracked everything I did on, say, a ds or playstation, they wouldn't get anything at all, because those are exclusively entertainment devices.

Except your credit card number, your name, your birthday, the type of games you play and the time you spend on completing levels, your IP address, and that's just for starters. I assume this is not a lot of information, they are part of an entertainment device after all...

fastfinge wrote:

That's why I appreciate things like The Humble Bundle and Good Old Games, because they don't do the sorts of things that the major game distributors do.

No, seemingly they don't. But they could, the moment you use your credit card or PayPal to pay for a bundle or a game.

fastfinge wrote:

Lastly, accusing anyone who dares to disagree with your opinion on anything what so ever of trolling is considered a personal attack, and is against forum policy, as the moderators have clarified multiple times.

To clarify: I did not accuse you of trolling, I categorised your actions as trolling. Here's why.
Ever since Skullgirl's accessibility improved drastically, your dislike of val ve, and how blind people should not use it because they are traitors of the blind community appears in almost every steam-related topic.
Free speech is part of the internet, but your manner of expressing your opinion really leaves no other way of interpretation: we clearly cannot see the reasons behind your opinion, which is I suppose due to our stupidity. But on the other hand, you cannot see the reasons behind ours.
We don't keep voicing how we love Steam, but you keep voicing your opinion of how you dislike everything they do. Even this topic appears as something earth-shattering that should convince people how bad Valve is. And they are, I am not saying that they are not. But while I'm sure youd love to make people "see the light", this is unfortunately not going to happen. The reason behind this is quite simple: Steam is the only way we can access most of these games. It does not matter if it is a Sony, Nintendo, EA, or any other company, as long a s people'd like to play and they are aware of the consequences, your opinion unfortunately will not change things.
While you and your opinion is respected, even though sometimes it seems otherwise, these opinion clashes will only dub you as a troll.
To illustrate: imagine lots of people posting on the Applevis forums about Android, and how good it is, and why IOS is bad in comparison. They would do it repeatedly, in every topic where IOS comes up. While the Android people might be right, they are digging themselves deeper.
Had you created a topic about why Valve is bad, telling all your reasons, I am sure people would have replied in a less negative manner, because there are a few points that I do agree with. But in the current form, yes, this is mostly considered trolling.

Rob

  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: hadi.gsf
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: fastfinge
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: drg
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: fastfinge
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: fastfinge
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: robjoy
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: aaron
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: fastfinge
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: fastfinge
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: hadi.gsf
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: robjoy
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: fastfinge
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: arqmeister
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: bradp
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: assault_freak
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: bradp
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: assault_freak
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: robjoy
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Sebby
  • Re: [Audio... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: bladestorm360