Re: Fucking college board does me fucking wrong

Wow, I didn't have that issue when I took the ACT, that really sucks. I actually do understand why laptops or notetakers aren't allowed, and I don't think having someone look over your shoulder is an acceptable solution, either. I would be extremely uncomfortable if some random person was staring me down and breathing down my neck while I was taking any test. I do, however, agree with the sentiment that all standardized testing is bullshit. Just because America doesn't win every dick waving contest we engage in doesn't mean we have to make all children suffer by forcing them to take these kinds of tests at younger ages, and turn the entire educational system into a raging dumpsterfire which values rote learning and one size fits all policies over individuality. But hey, what am I saying? Nobody wants individuality to prevail anyway, after all, that might disrupt the flow of fake news and Trump's tweetstorms.

You know, for awhile, I wasn't so angry and bitter about this. Once I graduated from high school, and decided that college would never be for me, I was able to let it go. But now that I have a niece who is just about school age, I find myself getting more and more upset on her behalf when I hear all the idiotic ways our educational system is breaking innocent kids. I can't do anything about it, though, and when I feel helpless, I get enraged, not that that solves anything, either. The last thing I'll say about this is that it's really no wonder there are tons of countries which are considered to be happier places than the US, and that we've been consistently falling down that scale for the past 20 years or so.