Re: Huntation, coming soon!

I think people are missing the point.  It's not really that it's legally or even really morally wrong to do this, it's just lame and a waste of coding skills.  With as few audio games as we have in the first place, and all these very similar games coming out in such a short span of time, we have a very different dynamic to the mainstream, so comparing the two makes little sense in most cases.
This community is a microcosm, and so unoriginality is allot more noticeable and harmful than usual unless something is really being improved upon.
Basically, we can't afford to be as lazy here if we want to keep things fresh and to keep the audio game's scene healthy, no matter how harmless our original intentions might have been, and I'm not seeing nearly enough actual changes/improvements in most of these recent games to justify their existence.
Maybe someday this game can be something, but it kind of boggles my mind that we apparently still have not learned our lesson about releasing concept/alpha games to the public at large.  That's just bad project management period, and if you ever want to become more professional you'll really need to improve your common sense and tamp down on the impulsiveness.
Not picking on you specifically either Charley, that's allot of younger devs, and it's annoying how so little of the advice we try to give about this kind of thing seems to sink in.

I think some people are just happy to see anything new, and it's not such a crime to be easily pleased, but when it becomes quantity over quality and we allow this culture of low effort, we could be moving forward instead of just spinning our tires in the same place, it's bad for all of us long term even if it's no big deal in the short term.