Re: Do you feel excluded?

@leibylucw, I remember when I used to have friends like that, be prepared to see them all vanish when  they procreate, sorry but this is how it is, the second that you hit the age when most people around you are increasing the population, you no longer exist, no wonder they call it the selfish gene!

Maybe its growing up in a medical family, but doctors usually are one of the groups I find to be okay around blind people, the trouble usually comes from shop assistants, servers in cafes, people like that.

I will say I generally noticed the extroversion content was much higher in the states than when I was in Britain, people would be far more likely to come up and start a conversation with me. On the other hand, most conversations in when I was in Pennsylvania  visiting my lady's family seemed far more superficial and in some ways stricter with a narrower range of subjects, with women talkign animatedly about the doings of other women and their church, whilst the men generally didn't talk as much unless the opportunity came up to talk about beer, sport  home improvement, and on the rare occasions other topics like politics turned up, they were usually marked by agreement so universal it would've been almost cultural blasphomy to disagree.

so while people were superficially friendly with a "hello" I don't think if I lived in the states full time I'd get on much better than I do over here generally.

Btw, amusing story about people not asking things. I remember when I was at university, I'd just left my room to go up to the hall for dinner. A man came down the drive behind me. I heard him call to two people who ran passed him "excuse me, do you know where reception is"

The two people didn't hear. He began asking me "excuse me do you know ----" whereupon I turned around and he saw I was carrying a cane.

He then said "Oh I'm sorry"

And was obviously preparing to leave.

I toldd him, "Yes I certainly do know where the reception is, I'm heading up that way would you like to follow me"

He stood for a second or two, and then, rethinking things actually said, "Oh yes, I suppose you know your way around here better than most people"

We proceeded to trot up to reception, and I think he left with something to think about big_smile.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : leibylucw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Munawar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : leibylucw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : leibylucw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : aaronespinozaca via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : juan reina via Audiogames-reflector