Re: Do you feel excluded?

To push back a little bit here, @31, you're assuming that sighted people would automatically have that line of thinking. Again, we can't expect the world to think in the same ways we do. Yes, what you said makes sense, but what reason would the general population have to travel that path of thinking, let alone arrive at that conclusion? It's the same argument, just a different application. Sighted people are capable of understanding those simple facts, but the ways in which they synthesize (or don't) differ greatly from the way we think about these kinds of things.
This is where the whole "critical thinking and finding alternative solutions to problems" thing comes into play. I feel as blind people, we have to be aware of many things to ensure we can accomplish whatever it is we need to. I explained to several friends awhile ago that there are tons of ways for me to get to the Amazon pickup store in our neighborhood (not that they thought I couldn't do it, but genuinely didn't know what different options there were). FOr me, these options were:

  1. Pull up the directions on my phone and walk there myself

  2. Take an Uber

  3. Take a Lyft

  4. Take the bus

  5. Ask a friend to go with me

Right there are multiple ways to do the same thing, albeit you can concise or broaden some of those options in whatever fashion you like. No matter what way you slice it, though, you can clearly see how many possibilities there are for finding alternative solutions. Sighted people wouldn't normally think in this way because they have immediate access. Car, car, car!