Re: Do you feel excluded?

@leibylucw,  I don't think your assessment of "wanting people to be better natured" is necessarily accurate, I've noticed myself I've got on fine in places where  i was valued for the talents I have, rather than  devalued for the sensory information I have. This is something  people can expect at least some of the time in   they inhabit, rather than being almost literally no where.

On the tech companies side, I'm afraid there i will be more harsh, since at least theoretically every company should! provide accessibility, the same way these days all public buildings must legally be wheel chair accessible. In practice, this doesn't happen since unfortunately blindness is one of the most invisible disabilities  definitely intended), so usually your left with  crowbaring a combination of assistive tech, logic and persistance into solutions, or talking to people about reasonable accommodations, which is not actually as difficult as you might expect if you can actually get to talk to the people who are responsible for the technology itself as opposed to the layers and layers of public service and coorporate screening that most development goes on behind.

Its certainly possible, just take a look at the database on this site from Trimps to Sryth, however again all of it takes work, and public relations, and politics, and negotiation, and being reasonable, and lots of other crap.

To bring this down to a %100 basic level, yes, if I walk into a super market and go to the counter  request assistance, I will probably get it, and if I don't I can probably phone the supermarket and complain but yee gods! I am so sick of standing at the customer services desk listening to the conversation of:
"Can you help this blind man?"
"well I'm on my break, why don't you ring down"
"Alright I'll go and ask Niel"
"No Niel's Busy, how about Mandy?"
"She's on till three, wait a minute and I'll phone through and see if we have someone else to take over till three"

All of the sodding time me sitting there feeling like an idiot, that of course assuming that the person at customer service doesn't simply ignore me and say "its not my problem", which has actually happened before.

Again, You can do it, you can put up with it, you can live your life around it, you can even make a stink and try to change it, but bloody sodding great stinking hell do  you get bloody well tired! of it!