Re: Do you feel excluded?

I just want to circle back to a point I made way back, in this thread and in others.

Do the best you can in the ways that you can. If that means you have a small circle you run with, and they all get it, and life is better for you when you're interacting with them? Fine. If that means you're more able or willing to be a social advocate, and you want to take the struggle to the next level, so to speak, then hey, if that's your jam, go for it!

No single person will change the world, and you don't have to. That's what I'm trying to get folks away from. It's very easy to get discouraged by the actions of one able-bodied person, or by a whole slew of them if you experience them back to back or can't separate experiences. But it's also important to remember the successes. It's important to remember that one failure to communicate does not, in and of itself, mean terminal failure. If I have someone grab my arm when attempting to cross a street on Monday, maybe on Tuesday I have a lovely conversation with a cab driver where I'm treated like any other human being. If I get horribly lost on Wednesday and feel silly because I have to ask for help, maybe on Thursday I help someone else because I know bus routes and I hear them struggling and am able to point them right. It's balance. And I'm not saying it's all even, because it sure as hell is -not even...but there is good here. There is progress being made, however halting. If you can't fight, then at least don't discourage others from fighting.