Re: Pyinstaller not listening to me, help!

I'm slightly confused. Pyinstaller's job is to create an exe. Also, try adding the arguments such as --onefile to the start of the command before the filename. Also, delete the spec and use a py file instead. A spec file contains all those commands, so if you run it with the spec file with new commands I'm nto entirely sure the spac file will update. Just run pyinstaller start.py instead. Another thing I found out is that windows has this extremely weird thing it does with certain filenames. If you build a file called update.exe and run it, it automatically elevates it's privilage to administrator and it's really hard to see tracebacks. It may do this with start.exe. It does it with update, setup, install, and maybe others. So yeah in short if you are passing a spec file, it makes sense that pyinstaler isn't listening to commandline args, I think the spec takes presidence. If that spec says onefile, it'll pack with onefile. If that spec says windowed, it'll pack with windowed. IT doesn't matter what your cmd args are. pyinstaller automatically creates spec files whenever you run based on the cmd args, then I always just delete them. I honestly don't get the idea behind the system, it may be a way to make a project that is always compiled the same way to ahve the same long list of hiddenimports and other such things. But if you want to use the spec file and not the py file, then mod the spec file with the args you want such as windowed or onefile etc

    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : visualstudio via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Sam_Tupy via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Sam_Tupy via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : keithwipf1 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : visualstudio via Audiogames-reflector