Re: Sudden attack is not a clone

As a C++ developer I can tell you that when I started learning C++ when I was between 16 and 17 I had no "getting started guide to make audio games". I had no "getting started guide to make awesome programs", either. To this day I haven't made any awesome, epic programs, but certainly have several ideas I have writen down in the form of code. As someone who uses C++ development environments almost daily, I must agree with Cartertemm that, besides a few PIP modules (many, rather) that require a C compiler, the Python environment is ridiculously easy to get set up.
@24-25: You *do not* need a guide on building an audio game. If you were writing a kernel driver or operating system, I would agree that a guide is necessary (though I'm sure many kernel and driver developers would probably disagree with me on this one). But your not. Your not writing a program and attempting to integrate graphics. Your not writing a kernel driver that could crash your entire system if you make a mistake, or an OS that wouldn't boot or would break during boot if you broke it somewhere. Your not writing an audio editor or VST. Your not writing a mainstreeam game, either. You don't need a guide; all you need is the willingness to experiment and learn how to use SDL2, SFML, PyGame, and so on. Did Danny and I have a guide to hold our hands when we wrote DMPA? No, we didn't. We experimented with BGT and when we exceeded its limitations, we moved onto PB and completely rewrote the game from scratch. Did we have a guide during that? Nope, only the PB help file. When Danny began on DMNB, and I helped out here and there, did we ever have a guide? Nata!
When Liam wrote SL and JD, and his various other games, do you think he had a guide to hold his hand all the way? I highly doubt he did (though Liam, correct me if I'm wrong). When Munawar wrote TH, did he have a guide or tutorial? Probably not (though, again, feel free to correct me Munawar).