Re: Request to google to improve braille interaction without seeing.

@14 +1.

@10 To some of us, Braille is really important. Just because you don't really use it as much as we do or care for it as much doesn't mean it's not useful to someone and that someone isn't heavily reliant on it.

So yes, for some of us, bad Braille support is a definite deal breaker. When NVDA started to fix their Braille support, I was using the SmartBeetle Braille display. It worked...and then broke...and then worked and then broke again. I'm not sure of the latest on it since I've switched to JAWS since then which has always had in recent memory great Braille support. It's solid, reliable, and really, really customizable.

I think the argument in this thread is that one shouldn't have to install something else besides the Android defaults (whatever that means) to use Braille. That smells heavily like Braille is totally an afterthought in Android.

And yeah, those of you who can fix it, go fix it. But then, if I go down that road, I'll end up reiterating what I said in post 6. That argument of "well...you can just fix it yourself" bugs me to no end, and I'm a computer scientist with over fifteen years worth of professional work experience. It's like someone saying their roof is broken and a roofer going "well, you can learn how to fix it yourself and just go fix it yourself."

But this is the mindset of the younger kids nowadays who live in the tech world day in and day out. To them, everyone is a techie and they fail to realize that their view is only shaped by the bubble in which they've placed themselves. Once you guys get out into the real world you'll be amazed at how diverse it is.