Re: how to use skype 8

Skype 8 is usable, but damn does it have its annoyances.

I miss being able to use JAWS Scripts to quickly jump to certain messages without having to arrow through.

Also, messages don't always get spoken, and the sound doesnt' always play. There's no sound for contacts coming online either, and no notification for them going offline. There seems to be some sort of limit between sounds if the window is in focus.

By far one of the most annoying things is that it doesn't matter if you're actively using your computer or not. If you haven't used the app itself, you start going inactive. I call bullshit there. Whether this is a limit of Electron or not I don't quite know. And yes, messages take longer to send than with Skype 7.