Virtual machines topic.

Hi all.
I have some time so thought about running a vm or several vms on the system, and maybe podcasting their use and setup.
What should I do.
I am planning to use winxp my self, win7 and 10, I have 10 but I may want 7, obviously the windows I need sight for, but the linux ones, I am thinking of several.
Linux mint, ciniman, ubuntu mate, genux mainly those.
If you guys want me to run others tell me what I should run and do things for.
While I can use vmware, should I be looking at other vertual machine software for accessibility.