Re: preparation regarding copyright

The vault is sharing MP3 tracks of movies which, for all intensive purposes, act as the same thing for blind or mostly blind individuals. Many of us here actually have some vision and might benefit from a movie in its entirety, may be able to actually see things, and for those, an MP3 of nothing but the audio track with audio description is maybe less than the perfect solution. But to the subset of individuals who can't see, or can't see enough to benefit from the visuals of a movie or a TV show, the audio track is all that's necessary. In that sense, by leaving that thread open, we are encouraging people to enjoy TV and movies they'd otherwise have to stream or obtain legally for some sort of fee. Not only is that not legal but it's not all that moral either from a big-picture standpoint. It also sets a precedent, because if we allow that, where does it stop? Is it okay to host torrents of audiobooks? And if not, why not? Is it okay to host torrents of concerts, music DVDs, even albums and band discographies? Because if you allow one, why not the rest?
Nope, this is just a safer compromise.

Here's the thing. That pub you mentioned, where owners occasionally smoke weed in the back room and the landlords turn a blind eye. You're right. That does happen. And my admittedly leftis  bias says that in many times it's fine to let that happen. You take your chances, and you deal with it if you get caught or busted or whatnot. But right now, you're not one of those owners smoking weed; you're just a visitor. You have nothing to lose. Metaphorically speaking though, we are said owners, so if the landlords -did decide to crack down, it'd be us it falls on, not the rest of you, at least to begin with. We are protecting our interests, as well as those of the community at large, and your insistence that we just continue to nod and wink and look the other way just isn't contionable.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : flackers via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ethin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : je97 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ethin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : flackers via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ethin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : flackers via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ethin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ethin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector