Re: Madden NFL 20 Beta, terms and FAQ

Hello everyone. I was skimming the forums, gathering feedback, and a I noticed a few common questions.

A clarification on the technical issues caused by in-game menu narration - basically, the game has very little processing power to spare, and in-game menu narration was too expensive. Madden's got a bunch of quirks where slower than expected game run speeds can cause stability issues, multiplayer game disconnects, and more. So, to ensure those who need menu narration can play the game, and play with others, we had to disable menu narration in-game for now - which was super frustrating for everyone working on it, too.  The launch version of the game is already set in stone, so I know this will not be fixed at launch. We have some ideas on how we might be able to patch this in, but if we run into more stability problems, we might not be able to fix it this year. I can promise that we will try, but cannot promise the outcome.

As to why we don't announce accessibility features in the game in advance... well, the situation above is one example. The last thing we want to do is promise we're supporting something, then have another problem result in us not being able to support it after all. Once the launch version of the game is complete, then we actually know where we stand, and communicate then.

Karen Stevens
EA Sports Accessibility Lead

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Addolis via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Addolis via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : death via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ea_accessible via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ea_accessible via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : death via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : death via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : TBlaze via Audiogames-reflector