Re: Why should I be interested just because its popular?

I agree, when Netflix does it it's usually something I know I don't enjoy in the first place.

I could never get into Stranger Things, watched about the first 10 minutes and then gave up, the same goes for the TV show called Dark.

I couldn't get into that one either.

What I do, for Netflix at least is just browse and if something sounds interesting, I'll read the summary and go from there.

That's how I discovered a tv show called the society, which is supposed to be like a modern day lord of the flies.

Since I never read the book, I read the wikipedia synopsis, and going from that, I don't think it is.

But maybe someone who's read lord of the flies can compare the two.

A lot of those reviews you see online are people being paid to write good reviews, which make it a lot harder to find good honest reviews these days.