Re: Japanese keyboard

@4: heh, do you mean kanji by hieroglyphs? big_smile
One good thing about Japanese is, that you can write everything in kana and still be right, i.e. you are not forced to use kanji. You can make the text more understandable of course using it, but it isn't necessary.
That is at least how I understand it. big_smile
Words that sound the same, but mean different things are not rare in Slovak. I can't think out an english example, but from our language, for example, koruna means a crown, as well as tree top and also currency used before euros. Rys for example is an animal, but also mean countour or a drawing. These are called homonyms, and they appear from time to time, although we are not aware of that in most cases, because it's usually very easy to figure out correct meaning from context.
But back to kanji, it won't be that easy, like just selecting correct meaning from a list. Kanji are chinese characters, used in Japanese to clarify text meaning when homonyms appear. But because chinese characters mean everyone single word, you can't distinguish between them by spelling.
To illustrate what I want to say, for example, you'll get a list of kanjis, where everyone pronounces ta, but one means he, second she and third it. Difference is purely visual, nothing changes in sound. How do you select the rightone?
This is an example from chinese, I don't know if such kanji ever exists, probably not. big_smile
But I think it shows what I wanted to say.
If I'm wrong, I hope more experienced people will fix me. My assumptions are based on Chinese language, in japanese, I'm not using kanji, because it can be replaced by Hiragana.

Best regards

Rastislav