Re: Japanese keyboard

Hi there,
@7: interesting, in Slovak everything is normally wrote just in 1 way, so we don't use term homophones and use homonyms instead, good to know that situation in english is different. smile
Regarding chinese, well, from what I understand, you're saying, that all sounds (with tones included) have just one character?
I am not chinese, so of course can't judge, but what is then sound difference for example between 他, 她 and 它?
Regarding dictionary, firstone is he / neutral, second she and third it. Source:
https://dictionary.pinpinchinese.com/
All of them are pronounced as ta1 i.e ta with first tone. They just have different shapes.
Also if every sound had just one character, why are imput methods split to phonetics based and shape based, where for example in pinyin you must always select the character which you mean after writing it together with tone, while in shape based methods like vubi there is only one combination for every character?
I have also read one study of blind chinese people, which was studying efficiency of input methods, and its conclusion was, that phonetics based methods like pinyin had just about 70% correctness in tests, while boshy had 100%, exactly because of wrong characters suggestions in pinyin case.

I'm really interested in this, as I have been studying Chinese for some time, so if I took something wrong, I would like to fix it.

Best regards

Rastislav