Re: Announcing Expanding Known Space from Valiant Galaxy Associates

There is, let me think. The d key shows recent detections and hazards, and you can review them in a list. The n key also does a nearby scan if you are over a ship or planet. That will allow you to see two units in all directions.

In movement phase, you can move as many ships or fleets as you want so long as it does not exceed the number of coordinates that that particular unit can move in any single round. Your fleet will move as quickly as its slowest unit, and their speeds are as follows.

Interceptor, 2 units per turn.
Destroyer: 3 units per turn.
Frigate: 2 units per turn
Cruiser: 2 units per turn
Battleship: 1 unit per turn
colony ship: 1 unit per turn.

minor spoilers:

Fleets are your friend. Make fleets by moving to a concentration of ships and hitting e. Hit enter on create new fleet, then either add all or select the ships you want in that particular fleet. Then instead of it saying, "Planet earth, (4, 18) three interceptors, destroyer 1, and Frigate 1," it will say, "Planet Earth (4, 18), 1 friendly fleet."

You can also split fleets if say you got to your destination and wanted to start heading somewhere else without leaving that planet undefended, or you can merge fleets, say you had two fleets heading to the same place to catch the enemy in a pincer. Surprise surprise, both survived, so now what? You can combine them and have one super fleet defending that world.

An early game for me typical round goes something like this.

placement phase, you have 1 frigate, two destroyers, a colony ship, and two interceptors.
I place those ships on Earth. purchase phase, you make 87 credits, and you can buy things. Movement phase I create a fleet from the ships I just bought or add them to an existing one. I set any autopilots that I need to set and I watch more vulnerable fleets/ships. Combat phase resolves any combats/navigational hazards etc that you still
end spoilers:

Hopefully that helped!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : snow via Audiogames-reflector