Re: Announcing Expanding Known Space from Valiant Galaxy Associates

Okay the game is working and I've tried it, however the guide dog games client is not.
That is to say, when I finished the game I hit enter and was told "log in to guide dog games in a separate window" however no window appeared.
Even when I pulled up Chrome and logged in directly, I had no luck.

I wonder if this is a firewall issue, though I don't believe I got any notifications to track or requests to let the game through a firewall, either way I like the game however there are a few things which it would be nice to have.

The first, is its difficult to remember which ships you've given orders to and which you haven't and which is doing what, so it'd be nice if once you'd ordered a ship or flee to do something, the s or f menus respectively would not show that ship.
Alternatively, perhaps o and shift o could be used to get you a list of what was awaiting your orders?

It would also be nice to be able to set a rallying point, or rendezvous quickly so that when you have a fleet scattered or when you want to put several ships together for a major strike, you could automatically get somewhere for them to congrigate and be told how far away it is.
For example, if you could hit r on a ship or on a square, and then be told when looking at the nav menus for other ships how far away that point was, that way it'd be easier to put scattered ships together, since right now once a fleet gets scattered I'm finding it difficult to keep track of where all the ships are.

Other than that, I like so far.
I do agree with Snow that a few more sound effects for specific events would be nice for atmosphere, since while I'm always into text games, this is in the end an audiogame so why not take advantage? and a few explosions, blarring ship sirens or fan fares when planets are colonized would be appreciated.

One rather odd mistake I did make, is I didn't quite get how income worked, EG I wondered if you needed to have one of your own ships at a colonised planet to get tribute, particularly with the business of placing ships at the start of each turn, though I see how that works now.

I'll be interested to get further into the game as in the game I tried there was barely any combat, and mostly it was a case of grab as many planets as I could big_smile.

Game Statistics for Playthrough of VGA Expanding Known Space, Version (21).

The player beat the game! woohoo!

The game lasted 48 minutes 19 seconds  and ended on Monday, July 15, 2019 at 5:27 PM.

The war between you (the solarian federation) and the enemy (the interstellar union) started in 2850 and ended in 2852 (10 turns, with the solarian federation victorious.
Game was in normal difficulty. Mission lightning game was enabled.
The enemy was in normal mode.
the solarian federation finished with 6 colonies (15%) with the most ever held  being 6. the interstellar union finished with 3 colonies (7%) with the most ever held being 3.
the solarian federation colonized 1 of 1 asteroid belts, 1 of 7 space stations, 1 of 3 ice planets, 1 of 7 volcanic planets, 1 of 4 ocean planets and 1 of 18 earth type planets.
the interstellar union colonized 0 of 1 asteroid belts, 0 of 7 space stations, 0 of 3 ice planets, 1 of 7 volcanic planets, 1 of 4 ocean planets and 1 of 18 earth type planets.
At the end, the solarian federation was making 36 credits for 9% of the total income, the interstellar union was making 30 credits for 8% of the total income.
the solarian federation made a total of 283 credits, the interstellar union made a total of 302.
the solarian federation spent 0 on intelligence gathering, the interstellar union spent 20.
the solarian federation purchased 8 interceptors, 6 destroyers, 3 frigates, 0 cruisers, 3 battle ships and 7 colony ships for a total of 27.
the interstellar union purchased 26 interceptors, 25 destroyers, 0 frigates, 2 cruisers, 0 battle ships and 1 colony ships for a total of 54.
the solarian federation lost 7 interceptors, 1 destroyers, 0 frigates, 0 cruisers, 1 battle ships and 1 colony ships for a total of 10 (4 lost in combat, 6 lost to hazards).
the interstellar union lost 5 interceptors, 1 destroyers, 0 frigates, 0 cruisers, 0 battle ships and 0 colony ships for a total of 6 (6 lost in combat, 0 lost to hazards).
the solarian federation lost 0 ships to changing loyalties, the interstellar union lost 0.
you have won 0 military, 0 colonization, 0 economic, 0 capital control and 0 mission victories and you have lost 0 military, 0 colonization, 0 economic, 0 capital control and 0 missions for a total of 0 wins, 0 losses.
Edit: Okay none of the Valient galaxy games are opening the guide dog client when I go to activation!

This is very annoying!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : snow via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : drums61999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : vga via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : snow via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Quasar via Audiogames-reflector