Re: Audio Described Content

I agree with the mods and admins actually coming together in a conference call rather than an email list. The list can be used to maintain things, but a lot of actual talking needs to be done that can't happen when people
take hours, or days to respond.

Namely, once a decision has been reached, other mods or admins do not need to be coming in and overriding anything, because that is not OK. The time for discussion is before the vote. Once the vote has been complete, tallied up, and so forth, then the decision whatever was being voted on is now in effect. If anyone wants to bring up terms and so forth, like how long a grace period, etc. again, the time to do that is before the vote. Once the decision has been made, is in absolutely not OK to come in swinging this big stick around and saying, no, we're actually going to do this.

If any one member on the staff feels that they can't respect a decision once it's been made, that person should reflect on whether or not they are capable of fulfilling the duties that come along with their position. So talk with one another. Hell, set something up where once a month, you work out a time to have an actual voice conference to talk about issues. At this time though, I think that everyone should get together and actually try to get to know one another for a while before talking about forum business. Maybe that will help in making everyone feel like they are part of a team, rather than a loosely governed group of entities after somewhat of the same goal.

Either way, I'm of the opinion that this has to change, because the staff is really not looked at favorably right now, and continues to collectively shove its foot up its own ass. Things that make it even worse are bad PR, and I feel that's a majority of what we see in the moment.

P.S. Obviously, there are times in which things do need to be done in the moment, and you work out the logistics after the fact. Large flare ups and so forth demand a more immediate response with more hard hitting measures. However, knowing when that type of response is appropriate is definitely needed. I'll therefore somewhat echo my sentiment from above and say that any staff member who feels that they may not be able to make that kind of judgement might want to take a look at whether they 're really able to be an effective member of staff.