Re: Audio Described Content

Moderation:

Amerikranian, consider this an official caution. Just watch your step, dude.
As an outsider, the way you're coming across could be qualified as arrogant, or at least abrasive. As someone who often ruffles people's feathers, I feel fairly qualified to judge on this. You're making fairly good points, but you're doing it in a way that's practically bound to get people's backs up. Try and ease off.

It also needs to be said here that this whole need/want thing here is really, really tricky. No one is going to argue that you will die without audio description or access to audiobooks or Game of Thrones or your favourite Lincoln Park album or whatever. That's not the point. The point is that people who aren't blind enjoy more access to media, and that people in certain countries, regardless of their disability, have greater (or less) access to said media as well. It's not as if everyone is being treated equally here, and that sucks. We do not -need any of these things, but as for whether or not we should have them? I think we should.
But that's where my opinion stops. I want people to try and fight for better access, better rules involving copyright, better accessibility across the board. I think those things are hugely important in the struggle for equality across all intersectionalities. What I don't want people to do is go around flouting the law publicly on a forum that represents a large part of the English-speaking audiogame community. And most of the rest of the team doesn't want that either. As such, we're asking you not to engage in those behaviours here, on this forum. I can't stress that enough. If you want to carry on with this somewhere else, go say hi to Mason, or set up your own forum, or whatever else. Just don't do it here anymore. We want to separate ourselves from this aspect of resistance because it has the potential to cause more problems than it solves. You're free to disagree with that, but at this point your choices are to learn to live with it or to leave, because barring some sort of owner intervention or a massive new argument and consequent shift in thought, this is how it is..
tl/dr: Amerikranian, try not to be quite so prickly, and please don't split hairs when you surely know that you're engaging in sophistry (arguing for the sake of arguing). Again, personal experience here. lol