Re: Audio Described Content

Ironcross, you need to read both Jade and Aaron's early posts on this thread. I specifically told people not to mention or link to any illegal material. I of course meant the vault. At that point I'd fully accepted that was no longer allowed. Then Jade said he welcomed discussion of an alternative, and Aaron said: quote. Now, here's the thing. Regarding linking to this new discussion place, this is a really grey area.
I do not see why it can't be linked with to begin with, however, I am going to say now that if we allow this, that link is *not* going to be able to permanently
stay on the audiogames forum and will have to eventually be spread by word of mouth, with a topic removal (not closure, but removal) date set. end quote.
Aaron has remained consistent in what he suggested at the start. Something Jade didn't appear to strongly object to at the time, Saying this: quote. Aaron, just as a heads-up, you asking what I think is cool and all, but doing it that way looks an awful lot like you're asking my permission. If anyone
is asking permission of anyone, it should be me of you. You have seniority on me, if nothing else at all.
Point is, though, that I agree with what you said pretty much down to the ground. It's not that we actually want to shut down the vault, stall accessibility
issues or anything of the like. We want more mainstream inclusion as much as the next person. But the vault thread was not the best way to go about it,
so we're changing how we deal with that. I like the idea of having other places to talk about this, and I like the idea of being able to pass the info
around, but I also agree that this link shouldn't just be bandied about on this forum willy-nilly, else why did we do this in the first place? end quote.
Jade and Aaron were totally responsible for this thread being used to openly discuss an alternative forum for the vault. Including the temporary posting of links. Remember that I the thread starter never wanted any discussion of the vault or any links related to it posted at all, and until Jade and Aaron entered the discussion, no one was going there. It was Jade and Aaron that put that idea out there in the first place. They're more responsible than anyone else that we're now in a moderation situation over this.