Re: What are you guys using as PC protection these days?

For your computer, I'd suggest Windows Defender and Malwarebytes. If you're unsure of a file or website that you're downloading from, I'd also suggest you use virustotal.com. It scans the file or website you feed it, giving you the number of anti-virus services that flag it as malicious. Generally you do get false positives, but if you get a lot of positives you should pay attention to that. For web content blocking and security, I'd suggest HTTPS Everywhere,  uBlock Origin and Privacy Badger. I'd also suggest you get a VPN for when you're connected to unprotected Wi-Fi networks. Generally the good ones are paid, but a good free one that works well is ProtonVPN. It's also reasonably accessible on Windows, although it's by no means perfect. HTH.