Re: Graphiti Braille Display Now Available?

To clear up some confusion:
Graphiti is one device, there aren't two of them. APH and Orbit Research originally constructed the device. But in that time, there was a fallout over the Orbit Reader20's price. APH wanted it to stay affordable and thus would not allow the price to be raised from $500 to somewhere around $600 like Orbit proposed, and to be a long story short, Orbit basically said ok, fine, we'll just go off on our own and you can't distribute the Orbit braille display anymore. Thus the price got raised. Word has it that APH and Orbit came to an agreement again, but who knows. All we know is we have one company who's rightfully militant about keeping the price of braille affordable even in a tough market, and one manufacturer who isn't quite sure just what the price should be. As long as it doesn't keep going up, we're fine. Anyway, Orbit seemed to have gone off on their own with the Graphiti as well, especially if APH hasn't yet gone public with it.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ambro86 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ambro86 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ambro86 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Thatguy via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Thatguy via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ambro86 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : arcadia via Audiogames-reflector